If you have been around AniTAY recently you will know that I really like Chihayafuru. Posting about one of its OPs and writing up a mini-review of its first eight episodes in the last few weeks. Having made it most of the way through my re-watch of the anime, I decided it would probably be a good thing to finally get around to reading the manga it is adapted from. Instead of going back and reading from the beginning I chose to start at Chapter 93 which is were the anime leaves off in season 2. As Chihayafuru is the show whose next season (which has not been announced yet) is the one I am probably looking forward to most, I have decided to write-up five predictions about the potential third season to the anime.
- That the third season of the show will be announced sometime before the end of 2015.
- That it will start airing in either Spring 2016 or Summer 2016.
- That it will again be two-cour.
- That it will adapt chapters 93 to 138 of the manga.
- Spoilers if you click on this link, be warned! That the last scene of the last episode of the season will be this moment.
As the title of this post suggests, these predictions are completely unnecessary and are almost assuredly wrong. But what is fandom if not getting your hopes up?
You’re reading Ani-TAY, the anime-focused portion of Kotaku’s community-run blog, Talk Amongst Yourselves. Ani-TAY is a non-professional blog whose writers love everything anime related. Click here to check us out.