Welcome to AniStats. AniTAY’s home for all things numbers. Near the end of June I decided to start keeping track of the articles and authors on both AniTAY and her sister site TAY to make a report out of. At the time I posted a quick AniStats for the June AniTAY articles, which you can find here, but starting with July I have full articles with all sorts of number for both sites.
Each of these reports will be broken up into three sections: Articles, Authors and Viewers.
There were a total of 188 articles posted to AniTAY in the month of July.
- 16 articles were shared from personal Kinja blogs.
- 9 articles were shared from TAY.
- 2 articles were shared from other Kinja community blogs.
- 1 articles were shared from one of the main Kinja blogs or one of their immediate subblogs.
- 160 articles were AniTAY originals.
- 50 Articles were shared to TAY, making up 10% of all articles on TAY, and of them 44 were shared in the Kotaku Daily Round-up. Those 44 article were 31% of the total 146 articles in the Round-up. (I will update these numbers over the next couple days, as there will be July articles included in the early August Kotaku Round-ups).
- The days with the most articles were the 17th and 20th with 10 each.
- The day with the most AniTAY original articles was also the 20th with 10.
- The days with the fewest articles were the 9th and 25th with 2 each.
- The day with the fewest AniTAY original articles was the 9th with 1.
Break-down of article types:
- 45 articles were opinion pieces (26 Anime, 4 Manga, 4 Comparisons, 11 Others)
- 35 articles were reviews (14 Anime, 14 Manga, 6 Light Novel, 1 Visual Novel)
- 34 articles were news
- 31 articles were music related (25 OP/EDs, we missed 6 this month)
- 11 articles were blimps*
- 10 articles were forums**
- 21 articles fell into a variety of other categories (Collab, Convention, Cosplay, etc.)
*I defined blimps as any article that contained blimp/blip in the name, did not have a title or were about internal AniTAY news.
**Forums include the Sunday Café and any question focused articles.
I used this spreadsheet to keep track of articles and authors. As this was my first month keeping a record the categories are a bit inconsistent, I am still refining my methodology.
47 authors contributed to AniTAY this month. 18 of those authors were guests.
The authors who posted the most were:
- ShadowHaken with 25 (15 News, 9 Opinion, 1 Blimp)
- Michael Burns - Protonstorm with 15 (10 Review, 3 Forum, 1 Music, 1 PSA)
- Kevin Mai - Rockmandash12 with 12 (3 Blips, 2 Review, 2 Opinion, 1 Unboxing, 2 Music, 2 Round-up)
- Kristof with 12 (4 Review, 4 Forum, 2 Music, 1 Collab, 1 Other)
The authors that posted the most of each type of article:
- Opinion - ShadowHaken with 9
- Blimp - Dexomega and Kevin Mai - Rockmandash12 both had 3
- Convention - devinreal13 with 7
- Forum - Kristof with 4
- News - ShadowHaken with 15
- Music - Maelwys113 with 5
- Reviews - Michael Burns - Protonstorm with 10
Authors that gained AniTAY authorship in the month of July:
I may have missed some new authors, so if I missed you or you know of someone not on this list that was added to the AniTAY author list in July please leave a comment and I will add them.
This following information was gathered from this site. If you are a numbers guy like me you will probably have a lot of fun poking around at all the different information they have on the kinja.com subdomains.
From July 3rd to August 1st, AniTAY was the 10th most visited of the kinja.com subdomains accounting for 1.9% of all traffic.
- Global Numbers: 80,652 people visited the site 163,964 times for a total of 275,897 page views.
- US Numbers: 38,388 people visited the site 87,983 time for a total of 150,947 page views, the percentages are 48, 53 and 55 respectively.
- Top Countries other than the US by number of viewers: Canada - 4,947; Phillippines - 4,126; Indonesia - 2,996; UK - 2,832.
July 1st to July 31st Numbers (Global):
- Busiest Day: July 19st had 7,944 people make 9,530 visits for 15,010 page views.
- Least* Busy Day: July 4th had 3,115 people make 4,032 visits for 6,936 page views.
*Going by total page views.
- Gender: 89% of viewers were male and 11% of viewers were female
- Age: 36% of viewers are 18 to 24 years of age, 28% of viewers are 25 to 44, 22% are under 18, 11% are 35 to 44 and 2% are 45 to 54.
- Addicts, those that visit TAY more than 30 times a month, are less than 1% of viewers and provide 13% of traffic. (I am totally one of these)
- Regulars, those that visit TAY more than once a month, but fewer than 31 times, are 27% of viewers and provide 51% of traffic.
- Passers-by, those that visit only once per month, are 73% of viewers and provide 36% of traffic.
Top 5 Sites Visited by AniTAY Viewers:
Well, that is everything that I felt like sharing for this month. If there is anything specific you would like me to keep track of in the future please leave a comment, other than that, see you in September.
You’re reading Ani-TAY, the anime-focused portion of Kotaku’s community-run blog, Talk Amongst Yourselves. Ani-TAY is a non-professional blog whose writers love everything anime related. Click here to check us out.
**Header GIF created by Unimplied**