Welcome to AniStats, AniTAY’s home for all things numbers. Since the beginning of July I have been keeping track of the articles and authors on both AniTAY and her sister site TAY. This will be my second full report, you can find my past ones here.
I will include the link to StaTAYtics: August 2015 here once it posts. Might be today...more likely tomorrow.
Each of these reports will be broken up into three sections: Articles, Authors and Viewers. As I am continuing to refine my method there will be some inconsistencies in labeling from month to month.
There were a total of 194 articles posted to AniTAY in the month of August, a 3% increase over July.
- 10 articles were shared from personal Kinja blogs, a 38% decrease from July.
- 34 articles were shared from TAY, a 377% increase from July.
- 0 articles were shared from other Kinja community blogs
- 1 articles were shared from one of the main Kinja blogs or one of their immediate subblogs
- 0 articles were shared from social media site. (Things like Twitter)
- 149 articles were AniTAY originals, a 7% decrease from July.
43 Articles were shared to TAY, 8% of all articles on TAY, and of them 37 articles were shared in the Kotaku Daily Round-up. Those 37 were 23% of the total 161 articles in the Round-up.
- The days with the most articles were the 14th and 17th with 11 each.
- The days with the most AniTAY original articles were also the 14th and 17th with 9 each.
- The days with the fewest articles were the 1st, 22nd and 27th with 2 each.
- The days with the fewest AniTAY original articles were the 4th and 27th with 1 each.
- 24 articles were opinion pieces (8 Anime, 8 Anime Episodes, 2 Anime Series, 6 Others)
- 36 articles were reviews (5 Anime, 2 Anime Movies, 5 Comparisons, 12 Manga, 7 Light Novel, 3 Visual Novel, 1 Video Game)
- 44 articles were news
- 24 Music (21 OP/EDs, we missed 10 this month)
- 15 articles were blimps*
- 40 articles were forums**
- 11 articles fell into a variety of other categories (Collab, Convention, Cosplay, etc.)
*I defined blimps as any article that contained blimp/blip in the name, did not have a title or were about internal AniTAY news.
**Forums include the Sunday Café, Open Forum, Graveyard Shift and any question focused articles such as polls.
I used this spreadsheet to keep track of articles and authors. I am still refining my methodology, so feel free to ask any questions about how it all works.
46 authors contributed to AniTAY this month. 12 of those authors were guests*.
- ShadowHaken with 39 (30 News, 9 Opinion)
- Michael Burns - Protonstorm with 15 (8 Review, 5 Forum, 1 Opinion, 1 Blimp)
- Kristof with 13 (5 Forum, 4 Review, 2 Music, 1 Report, 1 Opinion)
- Opinion - ShadowHaken with 9
- Review - Michael Burns - Protonstorm with 8
- Blimp - Krakken_Unleashed and EverythingAnime with 3 each
- News - ShadowHaken with 30
- Forum - Michael Burns - Protonstorm and Kristof with 5 each
- Music - Raitzeno with 3
I did not catch any new authors this month, so if I missed you or you know of someone that was added to the AniTAY author list in August please leave a comment and I will add them.
*Guest are any authors that had an article shared to AniTAY and do not have authorship.
This following information was gathered from this site. If you are a numbers guy like me you will probably have a lot of fun poking around at all the different information they have on all of the kinja.com subdomains.
- From August 2nd to August 31st, AniTAY was the 10th most visited* of the kinja.com subdomains accounting for 1.8% of all traffic.
- Global Numbers: 69,199 people visited the site 144,987 times for a total of 239,190 page views.
- US Numbers: 35,112 people visited the site 80,453 time for a total of 134,533 page views, the percentages are X, X and X respectively.
- Top Countries other than the US by number of viewers: Canada - 5,350; Philippines - 3,656; UK - 2,828; Indonesia - 2,308
- Top States by number of Uniques (Cookies): California - 8,176; New York - 3,512; Texas - 3,455; Florida - 2,450; Illinois - 1,753; Washington - 1,475. Unsurprisingly this is the same order for the top six for TAY as well.
- Top Cities by number of Uniques: Singapore - 2,325; Makati (Philippines) - 1,545; Toronto - 921; New York City - 918; Jakarta (India) - 918; Sao Paulo (Brazil) - 780; My hometown of Seattle was 22nd with 468
- Busiest** Day: August 17th had 7,535 people make 9,081 visits for 13,679 page views.
- Least Busy Day: August 22nd had 3,112 people make 3,937 visits for 6,243 page views.
*By number of visitors
**By total page views.
The above graph shows total number of AniTAY page views by day during the month of August.
- Addicts, those that visit TAY more than 30 times a month, are less than 1% of viewers and provide 18% of traffic.
- Regulars, those that visit TAY more than once a month, but fewer than 31 times, are 29% of viewers and provide 51% of traffic.
- Passers-by, those that visit only once per month, are 71% of viewers and provide 31% of traffic.
- gawker-labs.com (I really think this is a bit of a catch all for kinja, but I am not sure.)
Well, that is everything that I felt like sharing for this month. If there is anything specific you would like me to keep track of in the future please leave a comment, other than that, see you in October.
You’re reading Ani-TAY, the anime-focused portion of Kotaku’s community-run blog, Talk Amongst Yourselves. Ani-TAY is a non-professional blog whose writers love everything anime related. Click here to check us out.
*Header gif by Unimplied.